To help supplement our children’s maths knowledge, we are using the online software MyMaths. MyMaths is an interactive online teaching and homework service written by experienced teachers for the UK National Curriculum.
It has been developed for the teaching, practicing and assessing of children’s maths fluency across the school.
- Develops children’s skills, confidence and fluency in maths through lessons, homework tasks, and games.
MyMaths provides hundreds of lessons paired with homework tasks for practice and assessment to develop children’s fluency, reasoning and problem-solving in maths.
- Each interactive lesson is paired with an online homework that assesses understanding of the lesson content.
- Activities, games, tools and questions use randomly-generated numbers to keep lessons challenging and offer limitless practice.
- Questions are randomly generated so children can try the task as many times as they need.
- Parents can follow their child’s homework progress and try the lesson content if they want to refresh their own maths skills.
There is a designated Pupil Area where pupils can see their homework tasks that have been set, and when they are due in. They can also rate their understanding of the homework and see any teacher feedback.
Assessment is at the heart of MyMaths. Homework tasks provide an opportunity for formative assessment, with results fed through instantly to the Assessment Manager, which is a powerful management system used to track individual pupil progress. In addition, comments can be provided by school staff to encourage and direct pupils to the appropriate work.
Please feel free to have a look around and explore the site for yourself at: