Pupil Premium Funding 2014-2015
Pupil Premium is a fund provided by the Department of Education to enhance the education of the children from low-income families who are currently known to be eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) in both mainstream and non-mainstream settings, and children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months. Funding is also allocated to children in Service families. The school has flexibility in deciding on how to best to use the funding and it is not restricted to spend on students being looked after or receiving Free School Meals. However, we will be held accountable for how we have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families. From September 2012, we have been required to publish online information about how we have used the Pupil Premium. This will ensure that parents and others are made fully aware of the attainment of pupils covered by the Premium and the extra support they receive.
The amount of Pupil Premium Newbold and Tredington C of E Primary School received during the 2014-2015 financial year was £7800.
Newbold and Tredington C of E Primary School spent its money in 2014-15 to ensure that children received additional support with their learning and pastoral care.
- Learning support from the Early Intervention Service (£1311.00)
- Speech and Language support - purchasing the Welcomm Screening toolkit (£310.00)
- The provision of enrichment opportunities, learning activities and special projects (£500.00)
- IT hardware to support learning (£3800.00)
- Apps for the iPads (£50.00)
- Sporting activities and educational trips (£500.00)
- 1 to 1 support in class (£300.00)
- Resources for Newbold to support Speech and Language development (£1520.00)
The impact on improving educational attainment arising from Pupil Premium is monitored and reviewed by the Leadership Team.
86% of children attracting Pupil Premium funding made good progress by Summer 2014 in Reading, Writing and Maths.
The amount received in 2015-2016 will be approximately £9240.